Since we cannot spray … we go out and play!
The rain and wind will just not leave us alone, so we ditched the farm to regain our sanity with a quick mountain getaway. Farming really is a challenge but the lifestyle is amazing when you stop and think about it. Happy Farmer's Day!
I returned home to check all the crops and, needless to say, they are drowning in certain areas while flea beetles have been ravaging my little canola plants in other spots. The struggle is real! I managed to spray one high-ground field full of volunteer wheat growing before the wind and rain came through … again. The forecast calls for another inch of rain over the next four to five days. Gross. After that, the plan is to resume spraying.
All the while … Farmbucks Never Stops. We search and watch markets for you rain or shine. NEW BIDS and BUYERS will be uploaded in the coming days that'll be sure to help get an even deeper penetration into the marketplace (yes, I just said that) … be sure to keep an eye on your local bids!
Market Watch: Kind of a boring week...
- Canola - Old crop June-July bids are ending relatively unchanged vs. last Friday whereas new crop bids are slightly higher +$0.03 - $0.10/bu. Buyers have been offering $10.65 - 10.75/bu for old crop canola this past week on specials.
- CPSR bids are down again about -$0.10/bu this week.
- CWRS bids ended relatively unchanged week-over-week.
- Oats and barley bids are still strong.
- Old crop yellow pea bids are down some more.
Find all the details on our free app or website - your login works for both!